Annual Report 2015 - page 5

Annual Report 2015
Page 4
Context
School Name
:
Hamilton SecondaryCollege
School Numbers:
0823& 7811
Principal:
Mrs PetaKourbelis
Region:
SouthernAdelaide
Hamilton SecondaryCollegewas established in 1958 asMitchell Park Boys’ Technical High School.
The school became co-educational from 1972when the students fromVermont Girls’ High School
joined the boys and the name changed toMitchell ParkHigh School.
In 1991Hamilton Secondary School was established following the amalgamation of Glengowrie and
Mitchell ParkHigh Schools.
The name ‘Hamilton’ recognises that GlengowrieHigh School was located on land once owned by
thewell-knownHamilton familywhosewines were produced from vines planted in the local area
more than a century ago. In 1995 the nameHamilton SecondaryCollegewas approved. The term
“college” acknowledges the diversity of education offered at the site as being beyondmainstream
secondary schooling.
Today, Hamilton SecondaryCollege is one of themost diverse and complex education and training
organisations inAustralia. It operates as 3 campuseswhere the focus is on education and care, plus
a RegisteredTrainingOrganisation (RTO) where the focus is onVocational Education andTraining.
In 2015 theCollege had a total work-force of 118, servicing the needs of more than 972 FTE
students.
1,2,3,4 6,7,8,9,10,11,12-13,14,15,16,...34
Powered by FlippingBook